BABIES AND CHILDREN ARE ALWAYS WELCOME IN OUR ONSITE KIN & KIND CRECHE
Kindercubs is the Kin & Kind creche service, offering a fun and safe on-site childcare solution for parents attending our workshops and meet-ups. Our creche is designed to feel like being in a playroom at home. It's only steps away from our workshop space, but once in session, there's two doors between you and the "cubs".
Kindercubs will take children from 4 months to 5 years old. Babies under 4 months can be brought into the session on a parent’s lap or in a baby capsule. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate prams.
All carers have a Working with Children Check, current First Aid Training and minimum two years experience within the industry. They will often be assisted by Josie and Miriam, or a parent volunteer.
Our Kindercubs Creche is available for a small fee on top of the ticket price. We have tried to make it as affordable as possible while maintaining a 1:4 carer:child ratio. Kindercubs must be booked at the time of ticket purchase for the event you are attending. Places are limited and it will operate on a first come, first serve basis. Creche bookings are non-refundable.
the ground rules
Because of the nature of the set up and our commitment to making sure we run a great service we have the following conditions for booking your child into our creche:
- You have to stay on-site. You can’t leg it to Bondi Junction to do your shopping – sorry! This is a friendly, community-focused organisation that seeks to work with parents to help find a short-term care solution while you attend a Kin & Kind event.
- Kids without nappies must be taken to the toilet in advance. If you’re toilet-training your little person we would really appreciate you put a nappy on your toddler if you think there might be accidents.
- Babies should have a fresh, clean nappy before the class starts. Nappy changes are to be done by parents – our carers will come and get you if this is necessary.
- If your child becomes disruptive or difficult, you will be notified and your little one may be returned to you.
- Water bottles should be clearly labelled. Snacks are OK (fruit & veggie sticks are preferred) but absolutely no nuts.
- We will not administer any medication.
- Please do not bring any toys, they break and get lost (cue heartbroken kidlets) ... plus, we've got plenty!
- You will be in the room next door, so in the event of an emergency we will all evacuate safely together.